"Misery is optional" Jim Self
What is well being?
It is a present state of being, choosing that in this moment you are well. Even if some aspects of your health are not optimal, you are capable of and designed for well being. In Eastern healing traditions, well being is found when you provide balance in these 5 areas:
- Healing Arts – a system like Shiatsu therapeutic bodywork, grounded in eastern medicine system of acupuncture. Shiatsu massage, like acupuncture helps restore the flow of qi (energy) in the body. Assisting the body’s energetic system (the meridians) to begin to balance itself.
- Plant based therapies – Aromatherapy - utilizing the wisdom of nature by using essential oils and herbs when needed for common health conditions, cleansing the body and uplifting the spirit.
- Proper movement for your body – like yoga, stretching, tai chi, qi gong, energizing movements that open and build energy.
- Proper Nutrition – eating whole, fresh foods from the earth, in proper portions, in tune with the seasons and cycles of the earth and our bodies.
- Spiritual Practice – Finding the connection you to your inner wisdom, oneness, and a higher power.
At the Studio it is our passion and purpose to help you create well being & find your inner wisdom with the five pillars of health with the following services...
Shiatsu Therapeutic Bodywork
Your session will be unique to you and your present needs and concerns. As an experienced practitioner you will benefit from sessions that are a fusion of therapeutic bodywork, clinical aromatherapy, and are guided by knowledge of the bodies energetic systems and inner wisdom.Together we can reduce tension and stress, discover what body systems are out of balance based on your symptoms, and offer you self care tools you can use each day to continue the benefits.
What Shiatsu Clients most often say after a session...
- "I feel energized and calm at the same time!"
- "I slept better after my session"
- "Shiatsu feels intentional like you just tapped into my energy system and gave it a tune up".
- "I can feel the energy moving in my body"
Well Being Plans
More than a shiatsu session - when you are ready to make lifestyle changes for well being - a “Well Being Plan” is for you. Choose from 6, 9, or 12 session packages where you will:
- Learn about your 5 Element body type
- Recieve customized aromatherapy blends for your body type and needs ($50 value)
- Customized Shiatsu sessions
- Learn which foods best support your body type
- Learn acupressure points and strategies for home care
- Get consistant support, resource and mentoring to feel empowered and see changes.
- Recieve 2 free passes to Wisdom Wednesday events ($30 value)
- Experience the peaceful results of taking action towards your goals.
Please Note: I do not diagnose illness or disease, or offer disease related treatments. I seek to find harmony and rebalance your body’s natural ability to correct itself, to the extent that this is possible in each person, when provided with the opportunities and encouragement to do so. For medical concerns and diagnoses please see your physician.
Join us at the studio the first and third Wednesday of each month. Relax with Aromatherapy, Chi Machine, healthy refreshments, social time, healing services as available. Awaken to new ideas in holistic health, intuition, personal growth, and spirituality. Meet others interested in natural health and living well!
But most of all - build your well being tool kit and wisdom community!
- When: From 5:00 -8:00 p.m.
- Wisdom Topics Discussion - start at 6:30
- Cost: $15. First time guests are free!
Rose Thunder - Massage Therapist
Phone: (612) 867-1335
Nina Cortez - Shiatsu Therapist