About Jodi Baglien
I have always had a pioneering and an entrepreneurial spirit!
My parents started a successful Dairy Queen franchise right after I was born, and at age 19 I took it over when they retired. I sold it 11 years later to stay home and raise our family. My husband Joel and I raised 3 children together and have lived in Maple Grove MN for the last 30 years.
My passion for the healing arts and spiritual sciences began in the late 80's. I attended as many conferences and workshops I could that had to do with healing, energy systems, Qi Gong, natural health, herbs, homeopathy, food as medicine, death and dying, dreams, intuition, you name it - I was probably there! I earned my WWJ credentials!! (Weekend Workshop Junkie)
Introduced to essential oils in 1999 long before they became "mainstream". I was impressed with the unique way the oils interacted with not only our physical health, but also our emotional and energetic health. After spending a few months learning about the oils from a large sales based company, I knew I needed a true education in this therapy to move forward with credibility as a practitioner. My clinical and holistic studies began in Aromatherapy at the American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) and I completed my Certification in 2001. A life long learner I continue to learn with the leading experts.
Wanting to apply my essential oil knowledge in a hands on practical, I became certified in Shiatsu Massage Therapy (2006) and later in Aroma Acupoint Therapy. AAT is an eastern approach to understanding the properties essential oils and skillfully applying them to acupoints, meridians AKA our energetic system to bring balance and restore energetic flow.
I opened the Well Being + Wisdom Studio in Osseo MN in 2011, developed my own product line, taught Aromatherapy Certificate courses as adjunct faculty at Normandale Community College for 16 years, and have continued to learn from the experts in the field to this day.
Today, I am still in my studio, but I direct my energy in teaching practical and sustainable training programs for healthcare professionals seeking holistic solutions in patient care. When Regions Hospital in St. Paul MN wanted to begin offering aromatherapy with the new Aromatherapy Patch, I became the first US Aromatherapist to work directly with Healthcare communities to bring oils into patient care.
After many years as a pioneer in the use of essential oils in the Twin Cities I am fortunate to work with distinguished clients. Many of whom took their first aromatherapy class with me!
We are proud to work with Allina Health Systems, Health Partners, Avera Health, Twin Cities Orthopedics and in long term and senior care with Benedictine Health Systems, Good Samaritan Homes, American Baptist homes, along with many others across the US.
Career Management Credentials
- Certified Clinical Aromatherapist
- Holistic Therapist/ Wellness Consultant
- Adjunct Faculty of Normandale Community College, Integrative Health Continuing Education since 2006
- Approved Provider of Continuing Education through the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB)
- Founder of Jodi Baglien Well Being + Wisdom Studio
- Certified Shiatsu Therapist
- Certified Aroma Acupoint Therapist
- AIA Midwest Regional Representative (2005-2016)
- AIA Chair of the Education committee (2009-2011)
- AIA Conference committee
- Please visit for more information on Professional Aromatherapy
National Association of Holistic Aromatherapists (NAHA)
National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
- NCBTMB approved provider of continuing education
Member ABMP - Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals Since 2001
Certified Clinical and Holistic Aromatherapist
- American College of Health Care Sciences. Accredited program (2001)
- Ongoing education in Aromatherapy with Ron Guba, Peter Holmes, Tiffany Pollard, Cathy Skipper, Robert Tisserand, Rhiannon Harris Lewis, Joy Boyles, numerous conferences and workshops!
Certified Shiatsu Therapist
- Center Point Massage & Shiatsu Therapy School & Clinic, Minneapolis (2006)
- Advanced Shiatsu Therapy with Dr. Kaneko
Certified Aroma Acupoint Therapist
- Certified Level 1 & 2, by Peter Holmes and Tiffany Pollard (2014 - 2016)
A Program for Intuitive Living
- The Mikel Institute and Centers (1993 – 1997)
- This 4-year program at The Mikel Institute provided a learning center and community for open, intelligent and systematic approach to spirituality, ethical practices and developing intuition, with a strong foundation in Spiritual Science and the Ancient Wisdom Teachings. This program prepared me and is the guiding philosophy for my work today, connecting me to my soul’s purpose, and giving me the skills necessary for being on the cutting edge of these challenging times.
Additional range of knowledge and experience in holistic modalities including:
- Spiritual Sciences, intuition, energy based healing. (Specialty area)
- Natural / Organic foods, products and healing remedies (Specialty area)
- Working knowledge of nutritional supplements, Homeopathy, Herbal therapies, Flower Essences, color, sound.
Vast experience in tools to find balance and know yourself – numerology, enneagram, Qi gong, feng shui, eastern practices of mindfulness, 7 rays, meditation, Mastering Alchemy (program), enlightened parenting....
Aromatherapy Training and Classes
"I learned so much from you during your day Aromatherapy Foundations course, I knew next to nothing before taking your class & you made the comfortable & not at all intimidating. I cannot wait to utilize what you taught me to improve the lives of my residents'. I am so inspired by your drive and your passions to make a difference in the lives of others". - Jodi M - Director Of Nursing, Martin Luther Care Center, Bloomington
“Jodi played an instrumental part in getting aromatherapy started at our hospital. Her expertise in aromatherapy and passion for the field were evident – she helped us create education that addressed questions about aromatherapy use in a hospital setting. Our patients and staff love it!” - Renee @ Regions Hospital
"The wealth of knowledge, experience and references that Jodi shares in a open, welcoming and comfortable environment provides the opportunity to learn about the various benefits of essential oils. Thoroughly enjoyed this session."
221 1st Ave NE
Osseo, MN 55369